Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: How'd he do that? (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Bandit (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:25 pm

I was a little surprised, as the General Forum Rules & Tips thread of the Read Me First section of this message board state that posters can not edit or delete their posts, but I witnessed the first reply to my thread Why is Appearance Manager the Devil? get dramatically longer between the time I first saw it and when I posted a followup message (rule #6) .

So, how'd he do that? Being able to edit posts is largely useful to correct spelling and such and appears to be technically possible using the installed message board software.

Is there a reason this functionality is disabled for the general membership? The person who replied to my post and later edited their post to increase its length is the site owner and a moderator so I assume that is why he was able to do so.

As Always,

The Bandit

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Dan is the admin, Wove is a mod. They are the only ones who can. And just to let you know, it's my fault we can't edit.

Bandit (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Do explain, I am about to go to bed and would love a nice story.

As Always,

The Bandit

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:51 am

I don't think we should go there... let's just forget about the past, shall we?

Very Happy

Bandit (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:18 am

OK, so without the story what is the point of limiting functionality?

Sorry to be so blunt but I get the distinct impression no one is going to answer my question otherwise.

As Always,

The Bandit

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:38 am

Well, we had a little problem with people abusing their ability to edit posts. Taking away that privilege was a simple solution!

If anything, I'd like to figure out some way to add addendums rather than actual edits. As of yet I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

The forums are actually phpBB. If you'd like to take a crack at finding an addendum mod for us that'd be great.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.