Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Basilisk II (Page 1 of 1)
  Mindwipe (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:54 am

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but as I don't have my Mac with me here, I'm forced to use emulation to get a Mac-system running.

However... I've downloaded (from http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/basilisk2/ ) what they say I need to "be able to run B-II" (B2 itself, GTK+, and libsdl.dll) except... the GTK package I've got, is unusable in terms of B-II emulation. The B-II configuration program complain about some function not located within the library.

I've tried all GTK+ versions (2.4, 2.6, 2.Cool and the b2-gui only complains more and more.

Any ideas? mayhaps older version of GTK+ ?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:04 pm

You didn't mention a Mac ROM image anywhere in there. You have to have that too. It's also unlikely that the "everything you need" package came with that, as that would be copyright infringement.

Also, SheepShaver is a newer program that is much better. It emulates a PowerPC processor rather than a 68k:

http://gwenole.beauchesne.info.....heepshaver

Mindwipe (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:27 pm

Well... I've got a 68040 Mac at my moms in Norway, which doesn't work anymore. Fortunately I was able to copy the ROM from it before it went down. I also have a Mac with G3@200MHz CPU.... I also copied the ROM image from that one before I moved to England and only took my PC and my Amiga with me.

My hopes was to use the 68k ROM to emulate via ShapeShifter on the Amiga, as I hoped I would get a 68060card in that at some point. As my 030card died on me, however, I'm stuck with using Basilisk to emulate the 68k based Mac that I want.

I'm also well aware of SheepShaver, however I've not been able to get that one to work no matter what I do. Sad

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.