Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Download ClarisWorks? (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  hereiam2345 (Profile)
  2 MB

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am

Hi. I want a decent office suite for my PB 3400. Does anyone know where I can download ClarisWorks or MS Office for system 7? Thanks.

wove (Profile)

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:03 pm

I do not believe there are any sanctioned versions of either ClarisWorks or MS Office available for download. ClarisWorks was bundled with most all new Mac hardware for years and it should not be overly difficult to locate a copy. eBay is a popular source as is LowEnd Swap List

RagTime Solo was distributed for free for several years. I believe that V4 and perhaps even V5 were compatible with System 7 and I think you can still find downloadable copies of RagTime floating around. RagTime is from a German software house, whose initial efforts were for the Commodore Amiga. RagTime is an office suite with a somewhat different take on productivity than is present in either ClarisWorks or MS Office.

bill

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 pm

hereiam2345 wrote:

Hi. I want a decent office suite for my PB 3400. Does anyone know where I can download ClarisWorks or MS Office for system 7? Thanks.

ClarisWorks and Microsoft Office have not been released as freeware.

wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:48 pm

I got my copy of AppleWorks 5 from an iMac G3 OS 9.0 install cd.

wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:06 pm

Just won ClarisWorks 5 in Ebay for EUR 3.50!. It is for a friend of mine (I have an AppleWorks already).

The prices of apps for older macs are quite often real low, which is one of the brighter sides of classic maccism.

A quick search gave a price of EUR 484.90 for a new MS Office 2007 for a pc. For that money one can get an excellent old mac +all the apps you could ever dream of!

zeppelin (Profile)
  1 MB

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:57 am

ClarisWorks 1 is available on the net... but it's usability is doubtful...

in French: http://www.grenier-du-mac.net/.....works1.htm
(not from France, but know that "TÚlÚcharger" means "Download" Smile

There is also an English version available somewhere. I hope that version 2 and 3 will be abw soon...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.