Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: we need a site like system 7 today for os 8 & 9 (Page 1 of 1)
  madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:30 pm

this is a great site but I have a need for one devoted to os 8 & 9. g3 machines can not run os 7 and for the most part locked out of os x. most other sites are only interested in the os issues of today. may be some day

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Probably, but I'll leave that to others in the internet. I only use 7 and X, and thats where my time will be devoted.

Although I'm flattered that System 7 Today is being used as a benchmark of sorts for other sites.

Old Mac Geezer (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:05 pm

There's a similar site for System 6, if you have any really old Macs in need of help.

http://www.euronet.nl/users/mv.....eaven.html

wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:45 pm

For me 7,8 & 9 complement each others nicely and I am using all of them.

All these OS's are quite close in their ways and most apps works across the board. Help for using 7 also helps with using the two others.

Although I have found my computing Shangri-La in classic mac, there can not be that many people who are still into older macs, so concentrating resources rather than dividing is important.

I do not really agree of everything in S7T, but I still rather see one relatively large site, than three smaller ones.

There are other fine sites for older macs out there, like gamba and jagworks, but those are less interactive.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.