Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: New Décor Utility - Replaces DeskPicture (Page 1 of 1)
  dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:01 am

There was always something that I never quite liked about DeskPicture. I never really felt satisfied.

Now I have discovered a much better utility to place desktop wallpaper on System 7 computers, and it's called Décor. Unlike DeskPicture, Décor is fully PowerPC native, and it draws pictures much faster than DeskPicture. Décor also has more advanced options. For example, when scaling pictures to your screen resolution, it can maintain their aspect ratio by cropping the excess bits, just like Mac OS X. Also just like later Mac OS versions (and unlike DeskPicture), Décor will automatically re-scale your desktop wallpaper when you change resolutions. Finally, unlike DeskPicture, Décor does not pester you with registration every few weeks.

For the first time ever, System 7 Today is dropping a software title from our Software Guide. DeskPicture will no longer be available from this web site. I suggest you all replace it with Décor.

Get it here! http://main.system7today.com/s.....decor.html

_dave (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Decor in it's earlier stages was for 030 and 040 Macs much prior to the 601 Power Macs. DeskPicture was clunky, flunky, and crash prone with it's gobbling of ram (up to 8M) for the simplest of changes not including the rendering of the next pic assigned to the finder's desktop superimposition upon the Desktop Pattern.

i have archived versions of Decor by Francois Pottier back to V1.3 and rendering was quickly accomplished with more options than later versions. included was a custom border color via the Apple Color Picker for legacy monitor sizes.

oh the memories you invoke...

good times

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.