Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Screenshot gallery (Page 1 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  phummers (Profile)
  8 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:11 am

What about a user-submitted screenshot gallery? It could even be hosted on flickr if space was an issue.

Or, better yet, on a site like Webshots, which is a little less like the Casbah.

Both those sites look OK without CSS or scripting (for using iCab =)

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:35 am

I'm working on a picture upload feature of the forum. The problem so far has been it wont accept pict files. I also have to implement how the attached pictures will be displayed.

p-amadeus (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:15 pm

it doesn't necessarily have to accept pict files, there are many free converters out there to turn those pict desktop shots into jpegs or other more web-saavy formats (graphic converter comes to mind)

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 am

p-amadeus wrote:

it doesn't necessarily have to accept pict files, there are many free converters out there to turn those pict desktop shots into jpegs or other more web-saavy formats (graphic converter comes to mind)

Yes but I'm an obsessive perfectionist and it won't satisfy me until it works correctly. I want people to be able to quickly take screenshots and upload them right away - none of this conversion hassle!

Its what I think Apple would have done.

p-amadeus (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:18 pm

I understand. Can most web browsers even handle pict files? That's the main thing that came to my mind, though I guess I've never really tried, it's just a fairly obscure format these days.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:55 pm

Well what I'm trying to implement is a system where you upload the PICT screenshots and the web server automatically turns it into a JPEG. It isn't working though after a few days of work and I don't feel like trying anymore.

Photo uploads will probably come sans-PICT capability. Sad day...

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.