Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Screenshot gallery (Page 2 of 3)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  p-amadeus (Profile)
  64 MB

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Well if you think about it requiring the shots be jpegs may not be so bad afterall...jpegs are compressed whereas picts are not so you're saving everyone some upload time, especially if they are on dialup, as well as lowering the load on your webserver.

wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:33 pm

I am using the version 1.0 of the Screen Catcher, but 2.3.5 is available from:

http://www.pure-mac.com/screen.html#screencatcher

It is way better than Shift-Cmd-3/4. One can set preferences beforehand. Including where to automatically save, PICT, GIF or JPEG and name, as well as quality of the capture.

For the 2.3.5 requirements should be: 680x0 or PPC, System 7.1.2 or higher.

_dave (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:03 pm

i have some screenshots i'd like to post but what's the big deal?

decide on format, post that decision and get on with it.

i'm gettin old over here. 53 doesn't last forever yaKnow...

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:50 pm

_dave wrote:

i have some screenshots i'd like to post but what's the big deal?

decide on format, post that decision and get on with it.

i'm gettin old over here. 53 doesn't last forever yaKnow...

The problem is that I have to implement it myself. This means me sitting for hours hacking away at various php files. Uploading files of any type is not a feature included in phpBB 2, which is the underlying engine of this forum.

I am working on a photo upload feature, which sortof works but has some bugs. I don't want to release it to the general populace until it is completely to my satisfaction. I am currently the only person with access to it. This is how pictures showed up in my FireWire thread, which some of you may have found curious...

http://forums.system7today.com.....php?t=1062

A gallery is probably not going to happen, as there are more important things to be done... however, we can have some sort of "post cool screenshots" thread or something when the photo upload feature is finished.

Here is a sample of it in action:

Image Attachment

Problems with the system so far:

• It has an awkward interface that is clumsy to use based on multiple pop-up windows and such. I hate it and hopefully I can find a way around it.
  • It doesn't work with PICT files - only JPEG, PNG or GIF. That in itself is unlikely to be fixed, however the current system goes crazy if one inadvertently uploads a PICT, so I need to address that.
  • It really doesn't like System 7 browsers (but this is mostly due to it's retarded pop-up based interface which I mentioned above).
  • There is no way to track which photos are being used by whom in what threads. There actually was a way included with the phpBB mod, but I broke it with my further modifications and now I have to fix it before it goes live.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Here is a test of a PNG upload from OS X:

Image Attachment

If uploaded pictures exceed 500 pixels width or 500 pixels height, they are automatically scaled down (proportionately) and compressed as JPEGs.

_dave (Profile)
  32 MB

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:05 am

" I don't want to release it to the general populace until it is completely to my satisfaction"

this is how artists of any discipline feel about their work, especially musicians.

just do it Dan.

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.