Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Of Dan changing his posts afterwards (Page 1 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page 1, 2  Next
  wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:47 am

This is interesting. First a reply to my post by Dan, then Dan's post is rewrited a bit and the Moderator's name is changed to bobina and the topic is locked. It is a good thing "bobina" is not studying PR.

This is far from being the first time Dan has changed his posts afterwards. Moderator or not, that can hardly be described as good policy.

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:14 pm

bobina will be moderating from now on along with wove - I no longer want to moderate since I'm the admin and I should leave moderating to moderators.

Me, wove, and bobina can edit posts all we want. We could also edit your posts if we really wanted to (but that never happens). Regular users can't because of some extreme editing abuses from early in 2006 involving people erasing dozens of posts at a time, resulting in threads comprising almost entirely in unsightly blank posts.

Once I figure out the addendum stuff you'll be able to add to your posts, but regular user editing will not return.

Excessive topic bumping, as on all forums, will result in locking. Most internet forums allow a maximum of two successive posts. Since we have no editing feature here, I usually let it slide, but five in a row is a bit much don't you think?

madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:47 pm

will you still continue to post regularly?

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 pm

Yes but nowhere near as often during the school year, which starts next week. While at school I wont have much to contribute to S7T, which is why I asked for user-submitted articles.

madmann (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:01 pm

i can appreciate that, been there done that. I will come through for you is just that i have 3M $ worth of projects to complete but i am looking good going into sept.

wall (Profile)
  256 MB

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:13 pm

dpaanlka wrote:

Excessive topic bumping, as on all forums, will result in locking. Most internet forums allow a maximum of two successive posts. Since we have no editing feature here, I usually let it slide, but five in a row is a bit much don't you think?

I do not consider 5 posts during 25 days is "a bit much".

The question of moderator rewriting his/her posts afterwards, is not a question of can he, but rather should he do that.

Changing text afterwards to look good, is not very admirable, don't you think?

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.