Home | SearchFAQ You are not logged in: Register | Log In

Please Read:
An important message from System 7 Today founder Dan Palka

Topic: Of Dan changing his posts afterwards (Page 2 of 2)
Post ReplyGo to page Previous  1, 2
  wove (Profile)

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:34 am

As a moderator you tend to get to the System 7 Today forums, when you have a couple minutes to do so and rarely when you have ample time to fully develope you thoughts. This can lead to confusing replies and to even errors in information. It is helpful to beable to edit later for clarity.

Since we now have the ability to add to posts, we will be able to return to our posts and correct our most egregious errorsby adding addendums to the original information without appearing so heavy handed.

This new ability to add to our existing posts will also make it easier for users to return to a theme and expand upon it without the need for creating multiple posts.

I think as this is used more, we will see ideas being developed more fully and information much easier to find.

bill

dpaanlka (Profile)
  1024 MB

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:02 am

I haven't actually completed the addendum feature for regular users yet! Embarassed but that is coming I promise - I wanted to get private messaging out of the way.

sierraredd (Profile)
  128 MB

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:02 pm

In many forums I hang around on when mods or anyone edits their posts a little blurb at the bottom of the post says it's been edited and when. Some a little more detailed about the edit. This way maybe the issue of that it's been edited won't seem like it's done through the back door.

Niki

Topic Tools

Start New Topic in this folder.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

© 2010 System7Today.com.
The Apple Logo, Macintosh™, Mac OS™, and others property of Apple Computer, Inc.
This site is in no way affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc.